[openstack-dev] [Freezer] New feature to support taking backup by nova and cinder instance name

vishakha agarwal agarwalvishakha18 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 06:53:54 UTC 2018

Hi Szaher,

Sorry I asked for review the patch only for this new feature instead of
explaining the background.

Let me explain the background of this requirement.
This mail is in reference for the
https://bugs.launchpad.net/freezer/+bug/1603099

Currently Freezer has feature to take the backup of server or volume by
uuid.
New feature requirement is Freezer should allow to take the server and
volume backup by their name.

While implementing this feature [1] I am taking the backup of all the
instances altogether having the same name of nova and cinder.

Is it the right approach I followed? Or anything that can be improved.
Kindly help with your feedback and improvements on which I can work.

..1 https://review.openstack.org/#/c/559665/

Thanks and Regards,
Vishakha