[openstack-dev] [keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 16 April 2018

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Fri Apr 20 21:03:02 UTC 2018

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 16 April 2018

## News

### Retrospective scheduled

We're planning on having our milestonely team retrospective next week immediately after the weekly meeting[1]. We usually do this as a video conference. Come with your feedback!

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-April/129444.html

### Milestone releases

We released our main libraries and keystone for Milestone 1 of the Rocky cycle[2][3][4][5].

[2] https://review.openstack.org/562735
[3] https://review.openstack.org/562730
[4] https://review.openstack.org/562723
[5] https://review.openstack.org/562732

### Forum topics submitted

We submitted topic proposals for the Vancouver Forum[6]. We're proposing to discuss the next stage of Unified Limits[7], the default roles cross-project initiative[8], and have a standard feedback session[9]. We opted not to submit anything on application credentials since we think there is not much controversy over the projected direction (mainly adding fine-grained access control).

[6] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-keystone-forum-sessions
[7] http://forumtopics.openstack.org/cfp/details/130
[8] http://forumtopics.openstack.org/cfp/details/131
[9] http://forumtopics.openstack.org/cfp/details/132

### JWT still under discussion

There are still a number of open questions[10] on the design of the proposed JWT token provider[11]. We're not sure if the token ought to be encrypted (fernet tokens are) and we're not sure whether we want symmetric or asymmetric signing (and encryption). Part of the issue is that we don't have a specific ask from stakeholders, so this is mostly all in "it would be nice" territory. The latest revision of the spec has been updated to include potential use cases. If you have a vested interest in this work, please engage with us on the spec.

[10] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-keystone/%23openstack-keystone.2018-04-17.log.html#t2018-04-17T17:37:43
[11] https://review.openstack.org/541903

### Default roles cross-project spec

The keystone team is satisfied with the current state of the cross-project spec to agree upon a set of default roles across projects[12] but we need more feedback and eventual approval from cross-project liasons[13]. If you have input or questions, please reach out to us.

[12] https://review.openstack.org/523973
[13] https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/1372,members

## Open Specs

Search query: https://goo.gl/eyTktx

No new specs have been proposed for Rocky this week, and today is the deadline so we'll only expect to continue refinement of the current proposals.

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://goo.gl/hdD9Kw

We merged 14 changes this week.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://goo.gl/tW5PiH

There are 55 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots.

## Bugs

These week we opened 7 new bugs and fixed 4 bugs across keystone, keystoneauth, keystonemiddleware, python-keystoneclient, and oslo.policy.

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/rocky/schedule.html

The time for submitting spec ideas is over. We'll continue to refine the current proposals until the Rocky-2 deadline in about six weeks.

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter