[openstack-dev] [TripleO][ci][ceph] switching to config-download by default

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:27:53 UTC 2018

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 10:38 AM, James Slagle <james.slagle at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've pushed up for review a set of patches to switch us over to using
> config-download by default:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/config-download-default
>
> I believe I've come up with the proper series of steps to switch
> things over. Let me know if you have any feedback or foresee any
> issues:
>
> FIrst, we update remaining multinode jobs
> (https://review.openstack.org/558965) and ovb jobs
> (https://review.openstack.org/559067) that run against master to
> opt-in to config-download. This will expose any issues with these jobs
> and config-download and let us fix those issues.
>
> We can then switch tripleoclient (https://review.openstack.org/558925)
> over to use config-download by default. Since this also requires a
> Heat environment, we must forcibly inject that environment via
> tripleoclient.

FYI, the above work is completed and config-download is now the
default with tripleoclient.

> Once the tripleoclient patch lands, we can update
> tripleo-heat-templates to use the mappings from config-download in the
> default resource registry (https://review.openstack.org/558927).
>
> We can then remove the forcibly injected environment from
> tripleoclient (https://review.openstack.org/558931)

We're now moving forward with the above 2 patches. jtomasek is making
good progress with the UI and support for config-download should be
landing there soon.

> Finally, we can go back and update the multinode/ovb jobs on master to
> not be opt-in for config-download since it would now be the default
> (no patch yet).
>
> Now...for Ceph it will be slightly different:

It took some CI wrangling, but Ceph is now switched over to use
external_deploy_tasks. There are patches in progress to clean up the
old workflow_tasks:

https://review.openstack.org/563040
https://review.openstack.org/563113

There will be some further patches for CI to remove other explicit
opt-in's for config-download since it's now the default.

Feel free to ping me directly if you think you've found any issues
related to any of the config-download work, or file bugs in launchpad
using the official "config-download" tag.

--
-- James Slagle