[openstack-dev] [all][infra] ubuntu-bionic and legacy nodesets

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 14:13:41 UTC 2018

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 08:16:07AM +0100, Jean-Philippe Evrard wrote:
> That's very cool.
> Any idea of the repartition of nodes xenial vs bionic? Is that a very
> restricted amount of nodes?

According to upstream, ubuntu-bionic releases next week. In openstack-infra we
are in really good shape to have projects start using it once we rebuild using
the released version. Projects are able to use ubuntu-bionic today, we just ask
they don't gate on them until the official release.

As for switching the PTI job to use ubuntu-bionic, that is a different
discussion. It would bump python to 3.6 and likely be too late in the cycle to
do it.  I guess something we can hash out with infra / requirements / tc /
EALLTHEPROJECTS.

-Paul