[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Ironic Inspector in the overcloud

Derek Higgins derekh at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 10:42:19 UTC 2018

On 18 April 2018 at 17:12, Derek Higgins <derekh at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 18 April 2018 at 14:22, Bogdan Dobrelya <bdobreli at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/18/18 12:07 PM, Derek Higgins wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I've been testing the ironic inspector containerised service in the
>>> overcloud, the service essentially works but there is a couple of hurdles
>>> to tackle to set it up, the first of these is how to get  the IPA kernel
>>> and ramdisk where they need to be.
>>>
>>> These need to be be present in the ironic_pxe_http container to be
>>> served out over http, whats the best way to get them there?
>>>
>>> On the undercloud this is done by copying the files across the
>>> filesystem[1][2] to /httpboot  when we run "openstack overcloud image
>>> upload", but on the overcloud an alternative is required, could the files
>>> be pulled into the container during setup?
>>>

>> I'd prefer keep bind-mounting IPA kernel and ramdisk into a container via
>> the /var/lib/ironic/httpboot host-path. So the question then becomes how to
>> deliver those by that path for overcloud nodes?
>>
> Yup it does, I'm currently looking into using DeployArtifactURLs to
> download the files to the controller nodes

It turns out this wont work as Deploy artifacts downloads to all hosts
which we don't want,

I'm instead going to propose we add a docker config to download the files
over http, by default it will use the same images that were used by the
undercloud
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/563072/1

>>> thanks,
>>> Derek
>>>
>>> 1 - https://github.com/openstack/python-tripleoclient/blob/3cf44
>>> eb/tripleoclient/v1/overcloud_image.py#L421-L433
>>> 2 - https://github.com/openstack/python-tripleoclient/blob/3cf44