[openstack-dev] [all][infra] ubuntu-bionic and legacy nodesets

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Thu Apr 19 23:37:36 UTC 2018

Greetings,

With ubuntu-bionic release around the corner we'll be starting discussions about
migrating jobs from ubuntu-xenial to ubuntu-bionic.

On topic I'd like to raise, is round job migrations from legacy to native
zuulv3.  Specifically, I'd like to propose we do not add legacy-ubuntu-bionic
nodesets into openstack-zuul-jobs. Projects should be working towards moving
away from the legacy format, as they were just copypasta from our previous JJB
templates.

Projects would still be free to move them intree, but I would highly encourage
projects do not do this, as it only delays the issue.

The good news is the majority of jobs have already been moved to native zuulv3
jobs, but there are still some projects still depending on the legacy nodesets.
For example, tox bases jobs would not be affected.  It mostly would be dsvm
based jobs that haven't been switch to use the new devstack jobs for zuulv3.

-Paul