[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-sig/news

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Apr 19 16:24:34 UTC 2018

Greetings OpenStack community,

As it was just edleafe and I today, we had a quick meeting and went back to other things. The main actions were to select one guideline to publish and one guideline to freeze. These are listed below. We also briefly discussed that though we have not planned any official time and space in Vancouver, we hope to engage with anyone interested in APIs in whatever space we can find in the lovely hallways of the Vancouver Convention Centre.

As always if you're interested in helping out, in addition to coming to the meetings, there's also:

* The list of bugs [5] indicates several missing or incomplete guidelines.
* The existing guidelines [2] always need refreshing to account for changes over time. If you find something that's not quite right, submit a patch [6] to fix it.
* Have you done something for which you think guidance would have made things easier but couldn't find any? Submit a patch and help others [6].

# Newly Published Guidelines

* Update the errors guidance to use service-type for code
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/554921/

# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze

Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.

* Add guidance on needing cache-control headers
   https://review.openstack.org/550468

# Guidelines Currently Under Review [3]

* Update parameter names in microversion sdk spec
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/557773/

* Add API-schema guide (still being defined)
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/524467/

* A (shrinking) suite of several documents about doing version and service discovery
   Start at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459405/

* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet ready for review)
   https://review.openstack.org/444892

# Highlighting your API impacting issues

If you seek further review and insight from the API SIG about APIs that you are developing or changing, please address your concerns in an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list[1] with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.

To learn more about the API SIG mission and the work we do, see our wiki page [4] and guidelines [2].

Thanks for reading and see you next week!