[openstack-dev] [placement][nova] Decision time on granular request groups for like resources

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Thu Apr 19 12:33:31 UTC 2018

Chris-

Thanks for this perspective.  I totally agree.

> * the common behavior should require the least syntax.

To that point, I had been assuming "any fit" was going to be more common
than "explicit anti-affinity".  But I think this is where we are having
trouble agreeing.  So since, as you point out, we're in the weeds to
begin with when talking about nested, IMO mriedem's suggestion (no
default, require behavior to be specified) is a reasonable compromise.

> it'll be okay. Let's not maintain this painful illusion that we're
> writing stone tablets.

This.  I, for one, was being totally guilty of that.

-efried