[openstack-dev] [osc][swift] Setting storage policy for a container possible via the client?

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Apr 19 04:47:58 UTC 2018

Swift has had storage policies for a while now. These are enabled by
setting the 'X-Storage-Policy' header on a container.

It looks to me like this is not possible using openstack-client (even in
master branch) - while there is a 'set' operation for containers this
will *only* set  'Meta-*' type headers.

It seems to me that adding this would be highly desirable. Is it in the
pipeline? If not I might see how much interest there is at my end for
adding such - as (famous last words) it looks pretty straightforward to do.

regards

Mark