[openstack-dev] [ironic][infra][qa] Jobs failing; pep8 not found

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 23:32:02 UTC 2018

> This looks like some behavior that has been pulled out as part of pbr 4
> (version 3 is being used in the stable branch). Perhaps we want to
> update the pbr constraint there to use the newer version?

And it looks like doing that for stable/queens, at least from an
ironic-inspector point of view[1], fixes the issue for the branch. The
funny thing is, our ironic-inspector stable/pike -> stable/queens test
job fails on stable/pike as well now, with the same failure [2]. That
being said, we did observe during troubleshooting this issue last week
that the pep8 dist-info was present, however the actual module
contents were not present, which is why we worked around the issue
forcing the module to be re-installed.

We also had this occur today on an ironic stable/queens backport
triggered grenade job when keystone was being upgraded [3].

If the answer is update the upper constraint, from my point of view, I
suspect we're going to want to consider doing it across the board.

Of course, the real question is what changed, that is causing test
machines to think pep8 is present... :(

[1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/562384/
[2]: http://logs.openstack.org/84/562384/2/check/ironic-inspector-grenade-dsvm/59f0605/logs/grenade.sh.txt.gz#_2018-04-18_21_53_20_527
[3]: http://logs.openstack.org/14/562314/1/check/ironic-grenade-dsvm/2227c41/logs/grenade.sh.txt.gz#_2018-04-18_16_55_00_456