[openstack-dev] [placement][nova] Decision time on granular request groups for like resources

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Wed Apr 18 16:11:06 UTC 2018

On Apr 18, 2018, at 10:58 AM, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:

> So for this case, if I'm requesting numbered request groups, why doesn't the API just require that I pass a query parameter telling it how I'd like those requests to be handled, either via affinity or anti-affinity.

That makes a lot of sense. Since we are already suffixing the query param “resources” to indicate granular, why not add a clarifying term to that suffix? E.g., “resources1=“ -> “resources1d” (for ‘different’). The exact string we use can be bike shedded, but requiring it be specified sounds pretty sane to me.

-- Ed Leafe