[openstack-dev] [keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 9 April 2018

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 19:43:51 UTC 2018

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 9 April 2018

## News

This week was another quiet week with our primary focus being
specification reviews. We did reach consensus on the application
credentials specification [0], which landed on Tuesday. Even though it
hasn't landed yet, there's been a bunch of good discussion on the
cross-project default roles specification, which is shaping up nicely [1].

Keystonemiddleware is now officially VMT managed [2], meaning
keystonemiddleware is treated as more of a first class citizen when
dealing with vulnerabilities. This effort has been underway for over a
year and it finally became official this week.

[0] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/keystone-specs/specs/keystone/rocky/capabilities-app-creds.html
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/523973/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/555934/

## Open Specs

Search query: https://goo.gl/eyTktx

No new specifications were proposed this week, but there are several
that still need reviews. Specifically default roles [3], unified limits
[4][5] and JWT [6]. Those specifications would really benefit from some
more eyes. If you have questions, let us know in IRC and we can discuss it.

[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/523973/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/540803/
[5] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/549766/
[6] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/541903/

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://goo.gl/hdD9Kw

We merged 6 changes this week. Mainly dealing with PTI changes, updated
pysaml2 requirements, and a bug fix or two.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://goo.gl/tW5PiH

There are 51 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no
negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots. Please have a look if you
have time. If you're curious about what to review or have questions
about a change, please stop by #openstack-keystone or check out the
priorities in Trello [7].

[7] https://trello.com/b/wmyzbFq5/keystone-rocky-roadmap

## Bugs

There are a total of 127 bugs open against openstack/keystone, with a
pretty even distribution ranging from High through Undecided. If you see
something that interests you, please don't hesitate to communicate it
with us. We do set aside time every week during office hours to help
wrangle bugs.

Total: 127
High (14): https://bit.ly/2v7yedC
Medium (33): https://bit.ly/2qvb23L
Low (32): https://bit.ly/2JEjoyJ
Wishlist (32): https://bit.ly/2JFGa9c
Undecided (16): https://bit.ly/2qsSjXe

## Milestone Outlook

Next Friday is specification proposal freeze. Our next deadline is June
8th, which is specification freeze. We should be focused on finishing up
our specification reviews so that we can get implementations moving for
the release.

https://releases.openstack.org/
<https://releases.openstack.org/rocky/schedule.html>rocky
<https://releases.openstack.org/rocky/schedule.html>/schedule.html
<https://releases.openstack.org/rocky/schedule.html>

## Shout-outs

Big thanks to Gage and Kristi for the work they did to get
keystonemiddleware VMT managed! This took a long time and it easily
could have been dropped. Thanks for pushing this forward!

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the
etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter