[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Recap of Python 3 testing session at PTG

Thiago da Silva thiago at redhat.com
Fri Apr 13 16:05:01 UTC 2018

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 9:37 AM, Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com> wrote:

> > BTW, any progress on upstream Swift WRT Py3 support?
>
> There is a voting Python 3.4 gate which runs 902 unit tests. The
> Python 2.7 gate runs 5,902 unit tests. I compute that 15% of unit
> tests pass on Python 3.4.
>
> I tested locally with Python 3.5 (tox -e py35): 876 tests pass on
> Python 3.5, 57 skipped and 1 failure:
> "FAIL: test_get_logger_sysloghandler_plumbing
> (test.unit.common.test_utils.TestUtils)"

There's been some continued effort to port Swift to py3. Our current goal
has been to focus on running the proxy under py3, this way we could start
also running Swift's functional test. Once proxy server and unit/functional
tests have been ported, we could shift focus to account, container, object
servers and finally to background daemons. So yes, there's still a lot of
work to do, but we are making progress.

Thiago