[openstack-dev] [Cyborg] Initiate the discussion for FPGA reconfigurability

Li Liu liliueecg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 11:26:34 UTC 2018

Hi Team,

While wrapping up spec for FPGA programmability, I think we still miss the
reconfigurability part of Accelerators

For instance, in the FPGA case, after the bitstream is loaded, a user might
still need to tune the clock frequency, VF numbers, do reset, etc. These
reconfigurations can be arbitory. Unfortunately, none of the APIs we have
right can handle them properly.

I suggest having another spec for a couple of new APIs dedicated to
reconfiguring accelerators.

1. A rest API
2. A driver API

I want to gather more ideas from you guys especially from our vendor folks
:)