[openstack-dev] [nova] Changes toComputeVirtAPI.wait_for_instance_event

Andreas Scheuring scheuran at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Apr 10 14:18:41 UTC 2018

Yes, that’s how it works!

---
Andreas Scheuring (andreas_s)

On 10. Apr 2018, at 16:05, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:

On 4/9/2018 9:57 PM, Chen CH Ji wrote:
> Could you please help to share whether this kind of event is sent by neutron-server or neutron agent ? I searched neutron code
> from [1][2] this means the agent itself need tell neutron server the device(VIF) is up then neutron server will send notification
> to nova through REST API and in turn consumed by compute node?
> [1]https://github.com/openstack/neutron/tree/master/neutron/notify_port_active_direct
> [2]https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/plugins/ml2/rpc.py#L264

I believe the neutron agent is the one that is getting (or polling) the information from the underlying network backend when VIFs are plugged or unplugged from a host, then route that information via RPC to the neutron server which then sends an os-server-external-events request to the compute REST API, which then routes the event information down to the nova-compute host where the instance is currently running.

Matt