[openstack-dev] [infra][qa][requirements] Pip 10 is on the way

Arun SAG sagarun at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 07:56:31 UTC 2018

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 5:39 PM, Paul Belanger <pabelanger at redhat.com> wrote:

> Yah, I agree your approach is the better, i just wanted to toggle what was
> supported by default. However, it is pretty broken today.  I can't imagine
> anybody actually using it, if so they must be carrying downstream patches.
>
> If we think USE_VENV is valid use case, for per project VENV, I suggest we
> continue to fix it and update neutron to support it.  Otherwise, we maybe should
> rip and replace it.

I work for Yahoo (Oath). We use USE_VENV a lot in our CI. We use VENVs
to deploy software to
production as well. we have some downstream patches to devstack to fix
some issues with
USE_VENV feature, i would be happy to upstream them. Please do not rip
this out. Thanks.

--
Arun S A G
http://zer0c00l.in/