[openstack-dev] [all][requirements] uncapping eventlet

Matthew Thode prometheanfire at gentoo.org
Thu Apr 5 19:26:19 UTC 2018

On 18-04-05 20:11:04, Graham Hayes wrote:
> On 05/04/18 16:47, Matthew Thode wrote:
> > eventlet-0.22.1 has been out for a while now, we should try and use it.
> > Going to be fun times.
> >
> > I have a review projects can depend upon if they wish to test.
> > https://review.openstack.org/533021
>
> It looks like we may have an issue with oslo.service -
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/559144/ is failing gates.
>
> Also - what is the dance for this to get merged? It doesn't look like we
> can merge this while oslo.service has the old requirement restrictions.

The dance is as follows.

0. provide review for projects to test new eventlet version
   projects using eventlet should make backwards compat code changes at
   this time.
1. uncap requirements for eventlet (do not raise upper constraint)
   step 0 does not have to be done for this to occur, but it'd be nice.
2. make sure all projects in projects.txt uncap eventlet (this is harder
   now that we have per-project requirements)
3. raise the constraint for eventlet, optionally also raise the global
   requirement for it as well

--
Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)