[openstack-dev] [bifrost][helm][OSA][barbican] Switching from fedora-26 to fedora-27

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 15:27:34 UTC 2018

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 10:54:26AM -0400, Paul Belanger wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 06:45:13PM -0500, Paul Belanger wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > A quick search of git shows your projects are using fedora-26 nodes for testing.
> > Please take a moment to look at gerrit[1] and help land patches.  We'd like to
> > remove fedora-26 nodes in the next week and to avoid broken jobs you'll need to
> > approve these patches.
> >
> > If you jobs are failing under fedora-27, please take the time to fix any issue
> > or update said patches to make them non-voting.
> >
> > We (openstack-infra) aim to only keep the latest fedora image online, which
> > changes aprox every 6 months.
> >
> > Thanks for your help and understanding,
> > Paul
> >
> > [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:fedora-27+status:open
> >
> Greetings,
>
> This is a friendly reminder, about moving jobs to fedora-27. I'd like to remove
> our fedora-26 images next week and if jobs haven't been migrated you may start
> to see NODE_FAILURE messages while running jobs.  Please take a moment to merge
> the open changes or update them to be non-voting while you work on fixes.
>
> Thanks again,
> Paul

Hi,

It's been a month since we started asking projects to migrate to fedora-26.

I've proposed the patch to review fedora-26 nodes from nodepool[2], if your
project hasn't merge the patches above you will start to see NODE_FAILURE
results for your jobs. Please take the time to approve the changes above.

Because new fedora images come online every 6 months, we like to only keep one
of them online at any given time. Fedora is meant to be a fast moving distro to
pick up new versions of software out side of the Ubuntu LTS releases.

If you have any questions please reach out to us in #openstack-infra.

Thanks,
Paul

[2] https://review.openstack.org/558847/