[openstack-dev] [cyborg] Cyborg/Nova scheduling spec

Nadathur, Sundar sundar.nadathur at intel.com
Tue Apr 3 20:54:36 UTC 2018

Thanks to everybody who has commented on the Cyborg/Nova scheduling spec
(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/554717/).

As you may have noted, some issues were raised (*1), discussed (*2) and
a potential solution was offered (*3). I have tried to synthesize the
new solution from Nova team here:
          https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Cyborg-Nova-Multifunction

This simplifies Cyborg design/implementation, by having the weigher use
Placement info (no queries or extra info in Cyborg DB), and by opening
the possibility of removing the weigher altogether if/when Nova supports
preferred traits.

Please review it. Once that is done. I'll post an update that includes
the new scheme and addresses any applicable comment in the current spec.

Thank you very much!

(*1)
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-March/128685.html
(*2)