[openstack-dev] [all][swg] Status of the Stewardship WG

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Sep 29 12:35:52 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

In Denver we had a room for the TC and the Stewardship working group,
where we discussed the current state of the Stewardship WG. I took the
action to write a follow-up thread to communicate the group status.

The Stewardship working group was created after the first session of
leadership training that TC/UC/Board and other community members were
invited to participate in in 2016. The idea was to follow-up on what we
learned at ZingTrain and push adoption of the tools we discovered there.
While we did (and do continue to) apply what we learned there, the
activity of the workgroup mostly died when we decided to experiment
getting rid of weekly meetings (for greater inclusion) and Colette could
no longer dedicate time leading the workgroup. It's proven possible to
have workgroups without regular meetings, but you need to replace them
with continuous status updates, which are difficult to produce without
team leaders.

Currently the workgroup is dormant, until someone steps up to lead it
again. If we resurrected it, we'd likely use the new SIG format, as
there is no reason that the Stewardship activities should be solely
under the Technical Committee governance. Join us on penstack-swg if
interested !

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)