[openstack-dev] [nova] how does UEFI booting of VM manage per-instance copies of OVMF_VARS.fd ?

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Thu Sep 28 18:50:47 UTC 2017

----- Original Message -----

Pretty much, just enough to convince folks it could work without enough for it to actually...work. Kasyhap was looking at this recently and has this WIP specification up for further discussion of how to best clean this up:

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/506720/

It's not clear to me that this covers all of the above issues as yet. As noted the existing implementation will only work with a bootloader path that lines up perfectly with what is hardcoded, and even with the distro included ones that is not necessarily the case.

Steve Gordon,
Principal Product Manager,
Red Hat OpenStack Platform