[openstack-dev] [nova] gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode-live-migration-nv job broken since ~8/18

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 17:26:42 UTC 2017

I just noticed this today, but the
gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode-live-migration-nv job in the nova
check queue has been 100% fail since around August 18th.

I've reported a bug with the details:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1720191

It has something to do with test_live_block_migration on microversion
2.1 passing block_migration=False and the live migration starting from
the queens node and failing on the pike node.

The 2.25 microversion version of that test, which passes
block_migration='auto', is successful.

I've proposed a change to move the job to the experimental queue for nova:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/508244/

I hate to see this not working since it's pretty valuable in testing
that we are live migrating successfully between N-1 version and N
version compute nodes, both ways.

Matt