[openstack-dev] OpenStack-Ansible testing with OpenVSwitch

Michael Gale gale.michael at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 02:34:28 UTC 2017

Hello JP,

    Ok, I will do some more testing against the blog post and then hit up
the #openstack-ansible channel.

I need to finish a presentation on SFC first which is why I am looking into
OpenVSwitch.

Thanks
Michael

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 6:25 AM, Jean-Philippe Evrard <
jean-philippe at evrard.me> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We currently don't have a full scenario for openvswitch for an easy
> "one line" install.
> It still deserves more love. You could come on our channel in
> #openstack-ansible to discuss about it if you want. But the general
> idea should be close to the same explained in the blog post.
>
> Best regards,
> JP
>
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 12:13 AM, Michael Gale <gale.michael at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >     I am trying to build a Pike All-in-One instance for OpenStack Ansible
> > testing, currently I have a few OpenStack versions being deployed using
> the
> > default Linux Bridge implementation.
> >
> > However I need a test environment to validate OpenVSwitch
> implementation, is
> > there a simple method to get an AIO installed?
> >
> > I tried following
> > https://medium.com/@travistruman/configuring-openstack-ansible-for-open-
> vswitch-b7e70e26009d
> > however Neutron is blowing up because it can't determine the name for the
> > Neutron Server. I am not sure if that is my issue or not, a reference
> > implementation of OpenStack AIO with OpenVSwitch would help me a lot.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Michael

“The Man who says he can, and the man who says he can not.. Are both
correct”