[openstack-dev] [glance] Queens PTG: Thursday summary

Blair Bethwaite blair.bethwaite at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 22:24:56 UTC 2017

Hi Belmiro,

On 20 Sep. 2017 7:58 pm, "Belmiro Moreira" <
moreira.belmiro.email.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Discovering the latest image release is hard. So we added an image
property "recommended"
> that we update when a new image release is available. Also, we patched
horizon to show
> the "recommended" images first.

There is built in support in Horizon that allows displaying multiple image
category tabs where each takes contents from the list of images owned by a
specific project/tenant. In the Nectar research cloud this is what we rely
on to distinguish between "Public", "Project", "Nectar" (the base images we
maintain), and "Contributed" (images contributed by users who wish them to
be tested by us and effectively promoted as quality assured). When we
update a "Nectar" or "Contributed" image the old version stays public but
is moved into a project for deprecated images of that category, where
eventually we can clean it up.

> This helps our users to identify the latest image release but we continue
to show for
> each project the full list of public images + all personal user images.

Could you use the same model as us?

Cheers,
b1airo