[openstack-dev] Garbage patches for simple typo fixes

Jay S Bryant jungleboyj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 18:30:15 UTC 2017

On 9/23/2017 10:11 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Huang Zhiteng's message of 2017-09-23 10:00:00 +0800:
>> On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 8:34 AM, Zhipeng Huang <zhipengh512 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Paul,
>>>
>>> Unfortunately I know better on this matter and it is not the matter of topic
>>> dispute as many people on this thread who has been disturbed and annoyed by
>>> the padding/trolling.
>>>
>>> So yes I'm sticking with stupid because it hurts the OpenStack community as
>>> a whole and hurts the reputation of the dev community from my country which
>>> in large are great people with good hearts and skills.
>>>
>>> I'm not giving even an inch of the benefit of doubt to these padding
>>> activities and people behind it.
>> Hi Zhipeng,
>>
>> Not sure how much you have been involved in the dev community in
>> China, but it's now a good time to talk to those companies (in public
>> or private) and ask them to stop encourage their developers to submit
>> such changes.
> I would prefer to set up a system where we can have those sorts of
> conversations in private, to encourage people to contribute
> constructively instead of shaming them.
>
> Doug
+2

This, in some cases, may be due to people trying to pad their numbers.
Perhaps it is just people who do not yet know the best way to help out
and want to do something.

I agree with Doug's comments about this needing to be done in private
and with Ildiko's comments on providing mentoring.  This is something I
will consider as I put together the on-boarding education for the Sydney
Summit.

 From a Cinder standpoint I have been trying to be inclusive and not
block things unless it just appears to be blatantly pointless. Trying to
keep on the side of community inclusion.

Jay