[openstack-dev] [devstack] etcd v3.2.0?

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Sep 25 23:24:33 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 12:06:47PM +1000, Tony Breeds wrote:
> Hi All,
> 	I just push a review [1] to bump the minimum etcd version to
> 3.2.0 which works on intel and ppc64le.  I know we're pretty late in the
> cycle to be making changes like this but releasing pike with a dependacy
> on 3.1.x make it harder for users on ppc64le (not many but a few :D)
>
> Yours Tony.
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/474825

So this came up at the PTG and the current plan is:

Interim solution:
 1. Get the mirroring tool to the point it can be consumed by infra.
 2. setup a new zuulv3 job to run this and do the mirroring.

Middle term solution:
 1. Get etcd3 packages updated in debian/ubuntu create a PPA (or
    similar) for infra to consume.

Both of these are intended to be done during Queens.

Long term plan:
 1. Ensue the packages above are just there for 18.04 so we can put this
    behind us.

With hindsight I think we need to add something like "Current packages
can be consumed in our CI" as a requirement for anything added as a base
service.