[openstack-dev] [docs][ptls][install] Install guide vs. tutorial

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Mon Sep 25 08:47:09 UTC 2017

    > I completely agree consistency is more important, than bike shedding over the
    > name :)
    > To be honest, it would be easier to change everything to ‘guide’ – seeing as
    > all our URLs are ‘install-guide’.
    > But that’s the lazy in me speaking.
    >
    > Industry wise – there does seem to be more of a trend towards ‘guide’ rather
    > than ‘tutorial’. Although, that is at a cursory glance.
    >
    > I am happy to investigate further, if this matter is of some contention to
    > people?

    This is the first time I'm hearing about "Install Tutorial". I'm also lazy, +1
    with sticking to install guide.

Just to clarify: https://docs.openstack.org/install-guide/ The link is “install-guide” but the actual title on the page is “OpenStack Installation Tutorial”.

Apologies if I haven’t been clear enough in this thread! Context always helps :P