[openstack-dev] [Nova][Privsep] Heads up: privsep conversion for nova-compute

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Fri Sep 22 22:58:19 UTC 2017

Hi,

this email is a courtesy message to make sure you're all aware that at the
PTG we decided to try to convert all of nova-compute to privsep for the
Queens release. This will almost certainly have an impact on out of tree
drivers, although I am hoping the fall out is minimal.

A change like this will require a fair while to stabilize, so the plan is
to land the patches early in the Queens cycle so that we have time to find
problems and fix them. So, please ensure that your driver is being tested
by CI regularly, so that you notice any problems that we inadvertently
cause.

This conversion has already started, with a few patches already landed.
Please let me know, perhaps by replying to this email, if you find issues
caused by the conversion and I will do my best to work through them with
you.

Thanks,
Michael