[openstack-dev] [os-vif] [passthrough] [VifHostDevice]

pranab boruah pranabjyotiboruah at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 13:49:33 UTC 2017

Thanks Sean for such a descriptive answer. It definitely helped.

>the hardware offload support for melonox nics is only supported with the openvswitch or odl >ml2 dirvers
[Pranab] Okay. We have the option of using ODL as the mechanism driver
too. I am building the cluster with ODL as the mechanism driver right
now and would experiment with it.
Do you think there is a design limitation in VIFHostDevice model that
limits us in using either only Mellanox or Netronome NICs? AFAIK, say
I have a SRIOV NIC that supports OVS offload and Switchdev and we use
openvswitch/odl as the mechanism driver, things should work as
expected for this NIC too right?