[openstack-dev] [devstack] Why do we apt-get install NEW files/debs/general at job time ?

Attila Fazekas afazekas at redhat.com
Fri Sep 22 13:04:43 UTC 2017

"if DevStack gets custom images prepped to make its jobs
run faster, won't Triple-O, Kolla, et cetera want the same and where
do we draw that line?). "

IMHO we can try to have only one big image per distribution,
where the packages are the union of the packages requested by all team,
minus the packages blacklisted by any team.

You need to provide a bug link(s) (distribution/upstream bug) for
blacklisting
a package.

Very unlikely we will run out from the disk space juts because of the too
many packages,
usually if a package causes harm to anything it is a distro/upstream bug
which expected
to be solved within 1..2 cycle in the worst case scenario.

If the above thing proven to be not working, we need to draw the line based
on the
expected usage frequency.