[openstack-dev] Garbage patches for simple typo fixes

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Fri Sep 22 04:43:47 UTC 2017

Wow, Matt, that's excellent timing.
Day for day, an exact year after the last thread of this kind [1].

Thanks for speaking up, I didn't want to it'd seem like encouraging a
stereotype or prejudice towards certain kind of contributions (or
contributors) but I've also been rolling my eyes a lot recently.
It does look like those users are just seeking to pad statistics, but
this isn't the first time this kind of topic comes up.

Some other contributors with similar patterns:

- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/author:%255E.*unionpay.*
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/author:%255E.*fiberhome.*
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/author:%255E.*sina.*

There are some thoughts in the thread from last year but I don't think
any concrete measures were put in place to encourage better and more
meaningful contributions.

[1]: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-September/104173.html

David Moreau Simard
Senior Software Engineer | OpenStack RDO

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]