[openstack-dev] [os-vif] [passthrough] [VifHostDevice]

pranab boruah pranabjyotiboruah at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 16:11:34 UTC 2017

Hi,
We have a SRIOV capable NIC that supports OVS offload and Switchdev.
We are trying to test the VifHostDevice model on a Pike cluster. We
are running into issues. Here are the config options that we have
used:

1. In Neutron conf file: mechanism driver = ovn
2. In Nova conf file: passthrough_whitelist = {"address":"0000:02:00.*"}
3. Created a port as vnic_type=direct and launched instances.
It gives the following error - Nova error : "No net device was found for VF"
Am I missing some other config options?

Also, how can I check the logs that are related to the os-vif library?

Let me know if further details are required.

TIA,
Pranab