[openstack-dev] [requirements][stable] EOL tags and upper-constraints.txt in tox.ini

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Wed Sep 20 19:19:47 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 06:59:50PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2017-09-20 14:46:32 -0400 (-0400), Tony Breeds wrote:
> [...]
> > I'd like to find a solution that doesn't need a tox_install.sh
> [...]
>
> This wart came up when discussing Zuul v3 job translations... what
> would be ideal is if someone has the bandwidth to work upstream in
> tox to add a constraints file option agreeable to its maintainer so
> that we don't have to override install-command to add it in all our
> configs.

I'm happy to work on it in tox but I don't really have an idea of how to
handle Doug's ideal to avoid having to update the URL for each git
branch.

That was my original motivator for doing something 'dynamic'[1] but I
can't really think of a nice generic solution.  We *could* have tox take
a template and expand it from the package data effectively doing my
suggestion from [1] without the shell.  That feels like over engineering
and doesn't accommodate OpenStack Hosted projects very well.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-August/120626.html