[openstack-dev] [tc][nova][mogan] How to show respect to the original authors?

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Sep 20 16:25:17 UTC 2017

Dims, I'm not sure that's actually possible though. Many of these files
have been through rewrites and developed over a large number of years.
Listing all authors isn't practical.

Given the horse has bolted on forking these files, I feel like a comment
acknowledging the original source file is probably sufficient.

What is concerning to me is that some of these files are part of the "ABI"
of nova, and if mogan diverges from that then I think we're going to see
user complaints in the future. Specifically configdrive, and metadata seem
like examples of this. I don't want to see us end up in another "managed
cut and paste" like early oslo where nova continues to develop these and
mogan doesn't notice the changes.

I'm not sure how we resolve that. One option would be to refactor these
files into a shared library.

Michael