[openstack-dev] [nova][api] why need PUT /servers/{server_id}/metadata/{key} ?

Ghanshyam Mann ghanshyammann at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 13:13:09 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Chen CH Ji <jichenjc at cn.ibm.com> wrote:
> in analyzing other code, found seems we don't need PUT
> /servers/{server_id}/metadata/{key} ?
>
> as the id is only used for check whether it's in the body and we will honor
> the whole body (body['meta'] in the code)
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/api/openstack/compute/server_metadata.py#L80

Schema restrict to 1 item in body
- https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/5bf1bb47c7e17c26592a699d07c2faa59d98bfb8/nova/api/openstack/compute/schemas/server_metadata.py#L32

User will not be able to pass more than 1 meta item in this API. Does
not it work that way or you are able to pass more than 1 key in body ?