[openstack-dev] [nova] [notification] not transforming HostAPI related versioned notifications

Balazs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Tue Sep 19 15:35:46 UTC 2017

Hi,

Similar to my earlier mail about not transforming legacy notifications
in the networking area [1] now I want to propose not to transform
HostAPI related notifications.
We have the following legacy notifications on our TODO list [2] to be
transformed:
* HostAPI.power_action.end
* HostAPI.power_action.start
* HostAPI.set_enabled.end
* HostAPI.set_enabled.start
* HostAPI.set_maintenance.end
* HostAPI.set_maintenance.start

However os-hosts API has been depraceted since microversion 2.43. The
suggested replacement is os-services API. The os-services API already
emits service.update notification for every action on that API. So I
suggest not to transform the above HostAPI notifications to the
versioned notification format.

Cheers,
gibi

[1]