[openstack-dev] [TripleO] TripleO/Ansible PTG session

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 19:05:18 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at fastmail.com> wrote:
> Was there any discussion at the PTG on how the newly released AWX[1] will
> affect tripleo/ansible (will it?) or ara or such? Thoughts there?

I think we'd investigate ARA for ansible log and results storage,
since we'd want to save the output.

As for AWX, there wasn't any significant discussion of which I'm
aware. We already have an API (Mistral).

However, the outputs we will get from Heat with "config download" will
be ansible playbooks. So, I think that leaves the door open for a
variety of eventual solutions that can interface with playbooks
(Mistral, AWX, cli, etc).

I don't imagine we'd do anything prohibitive that would prevent
someone from loading those playbooks into AWX if desired, or using
them directly from the cli. You just wouldn't be going through the
official API.

--
-- James Slagle