[openstack-dev] [all][deployment][kolla][tripleo][osa] Service diagnostics task force

Vikram Hosakote (vhosakot) vhosakot at cisco.com
Thu Sep 14 20:45:08 UTC 2017

Beautiful goal!

I want to do this ☺

Regards,
Vikram Hosakote
IRC:  vhosakot

From: Michał Jastrzębski <inc007 at gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 5:45 PM
Subject: [openstack-dev] [all][deployment][kolla][tripleo][osa] Service diagnostics task force

Hello my dearest of communities,

During deployment tools session on PTG we discussed need for deep
health checking and metering of running services. It's very relevant
in context of containers (especially k8s) and HA. Things like
watchdog, heartbeats or exposing relative metrics (I don't want to get
into design here, suffice to say it's non-trivial problem to solve).

We would like to start a "task force", few volunteers from both
deployment tool side (ops, ha) and project dev teams. We would like to
design together a proper health check mechanism for one of projects to
create best practices and design, that later could be implemented in
all other services.

We would to ask for volunteer project team to join us and spearhead this effort.

Regards,
Michal