[openstack-dev] [neutron] out-of-tree l3 service providers

Takashi Yamamoto yamamoto at midokura.com
Fri Sep 8 03:26:56 UTC 2017

hi,

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 5:52 AM, Isaku Yamahata <isaku.yamahata at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Any update on this? Now L3 service provider got the time slot at the PTG.
>
> Yamamoto, do you have any proposal for the interface?

no

> Although ODL surely is interested in L3 flavor, the networking-odl team hasn't
> spec or experimental patch yet unfortunately.

can you at least provide your requirements?

networking-midonet needs to send the following info to its backend on
AFTER_CREATE/AFTER_UPDATE for router, router_interface, and
floating_ip.
https://github.com/midonet/midonet/blob/fcc127f5c9216b7a563c89d2684461428feb9a67/nsdb/src/main/proto/neutron.proto#L129-L161
(some of fields are actually unused right now. eg. tenant_id)
on AFTER_DELETE, we only need "id" field of the resource.
in feature we want to use PRECOMMIT_xxx events as well. necessary
fields are same as AFTER_xxx.