[openstack-dev] removing screen from devstack - RSN

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Thu Sep 7 17:52:20 UTC 2017

John-

	You're not the only one for whom the transition to systemd has been
painful.

	However...

	It *is* possible (some would argue just as easy) to do all things with
systemd that were done with screen.

	For starters, have you seen [1] ?

	Though looking at that again, I realize it could use a section on how
to do pdb - I'll propose something for that.  In the meantime, feel free
to find me in #openstack-dev and I can talk you through it.

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/devstack/latest/systemd.html

			Thanks,
			Eric Fried (efried)