[openstack-dev] [tripleo] pingtest vs tempest

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Wed Sep 6 08:22:18 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Justin Kilpatrick <jkilpatr at redhat.com> wrote:
> Maybe I'm getting a little off topic with this question, but why was
> Tempest removed last time?
>
> I'm not well versed in the history of this discussion, but from what I
> understand Tempest in the gate has
> been an off and on again thing for a while but I've never heard the
> story of why it got removed.

I think the main reason has always been CI job runtime - we have a
hard limit for job timeouts, and historically we've had better luck
using our tripleo "pingtest" minimal functional test vs running a
suite of tempest tests as it was just much faster than running tempest
smoke tests - that may no longer be the case though, I've not used
tempest myself for a while.

Steve