[openstack-dev] [docs][neutron] checking link integrity in the gate

Boden Russell bodenvmw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 16:51:09 UTC 2017

We've (neutron) run into a few cases where our doc links become
outdated/invalid and are dead. These dead links are not detected in the
doc build today, but is something we might be interested in enabling.

I'm no sphinx expert, but best I can tell that's done with the
"linkcheck" builder [1]. I've tried munking with this, but sporadically
get an eventlet error [2] followed by an indefinite hang; I've yet to
find a way around this even if setting linkcheck_workers to 1.

Also note that most project's doc/Makefile have a linkcheck target, but
that's also failing.

Does anyone know the best way to have our links checked during the doc
build?

Thanks

[1]
http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/config.html#options-for-the-linkcheck-builder