[openstack-dev] [all] connecting nova notification users and developers

Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL/Kfar Sava) ifat.afek at nokia.com
Tue Sep 5 07:48:42 UTC 2017

Hi,

Vitrage holds a topology graph with all resources in the system and the relationships between them, for fault correlation purposes[1]. It uses notifications from Nova (as well as from other components) to update its internal state[2].

It is important for us to get immediate notifications about state changes, so we can react fast. For example, if a new instance is created on a host with high CPU load, we will immediately raise an alarm on that instance that it may suffer from CPU performance degradation.

I’ll be happy to discuss our use cases at the PTG.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Vitrage
[2] https://github.com/openstack/vitrage/blob/master/vitrage/datasources/nova/instance/driver.py

Best Regards,
Ifat.