[openstack-dev] [nova] [neutron] Should we continue providing FQDNs for instance hostnames?

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Mon Sep 4 11:51:39 UTC 2017

Hi,
Your patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/480616/ requires that neutron expose the ‘DNS Integration’ extension be support by neutron and the relevant networking plugin. If it does not then will be a gression and things will not work.
In addition to this that is per network and not global so there will also be a regression for running instances if nova is updated.
Thanks
Gary