[openstack-dev] [neutron] mod_wsgi support (pike bug?)

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Sun Sep 3 18:20:28 UTC 2017

On Sun, Sep 03, 2017 at 01:47:24PM -0400, Mohammed Naser wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've attempted to enable mod_wsgi support in our dev environment with
> Puppet however it results in a traceback.  I figured it was an
> environment thing so I looked into moving the Puppet CI to test using
> mod_wsgi and it resulted in the same error.
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/82/500182/3/check/gate-puppet-openstack-integration-4-scenario004-tempest-ubuntu-xenial/791523c/logs/apache/neutron_wsgi_error.txt.gz
>
> Would anyone from the Neutron team be able to give input on this?
> We'd love to add gating for Neutron deployed by mod_wsgi which can
> help find similar issues.

Neutron never got their wsgi support working in Devstack either. The patch
adding that: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/439191/ never passed the gate and
seems to have lost the attention of the author. The wsgi support in neutron
probably doesn't work yet, and is definitely untested. IIRC, the issue they were
hitting was loading the config files. [1] I don't think I saw any progress on it
after that though.

The TC goal doc [2] probably should say something about it never landing and
missing pike.

-Matt Treinish

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-June/117830.html
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/pike/deploy-api-in-wsgi.html#neutron