[openstack-dev] [tc][masakari] new project teams application for Masakari

Sam P sam47priya at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 00:25:12 UTC 2017

Hi Dims. Thanks, done.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the question.
In OpenStack HA community, we discussed about converged upstream
solution for 3 cycles now [1][2]. Adam Spiers and I present our findings and
proposal in Boston summit [3]. Comparison with other F/OSS solutions are
in [4] and, as the HA community we presented our unified architecture.
Our unified solution for compute node failure scenario is in [5],
where Masakari is a key component of the architecture. For other
failure scenarios such as, process failure or instance failure, only
Masakari can
recover instances.  From all the discussions I had with community
members so far,
I  think Masakari is the right solution to address VMs HA.
Or otherwise, anyone is welcome to raise their concerns now.
I will be happy to discuss them.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-instance-ha
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/openstack-resource-agents-specs
[3] https://www.openstack.org/videos/boston-2017/high-availability-for-instances-moving-to-a-converged-upstream-solution