[openstack-dev] [relmgt] Libraries published to pypi with YYYY.X.Z versions

Claudiu Belu cbelu at cloudbasesolutions.com
Fri Sep 1 07:28:35 UTC 2017

So, I believe the general consensus is that the easiest thing to do is to unpublish the 2015.1.0 version from pypi, with which I also agree.

Even if someone actually needs the Kilo version (it's a very old branch, very few people still use it, at most), it can still be done via [1]:

pip install git+http://github.com/openstack/networking-hyperv@2015.1.0#networking-hyperv

or

pip install http://tarballs.openstack.org/networking-hyperv/networking_hyperv-2015.1.0-py2-none-any.whl

If someone *actually* needs it on pypi, We could publish a 0.x.y version, but I don't think it will be necessary.

Also, @Tony, using upper-constraints wouldn't work when installing networking-hyperv won't really help, as it isn't defined there. networking-hyperv is not a requirement in any project, it's only needed by neutron if the "hyperv" mechanism_driver is used.

Thanks @all for your opinions!

Best regards,

Claudiu Belu