[openstack-dev] [tc] [all] TC Report 43

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Oct 31 10:12:25 UTC 2017

Mike Perez wrote:
> On 11:17 Oct 25, Flavio Percoco wrote:
>> On 24/10/17 19:26 +0100, Chris Dent wrote:
>>> It's clear that anyone and everyone _could_ write their own blogs and
>>> syndicate to the [OpenStack planet](http://planet.openstack.org/) but
>>> this doesn't have the same panache and potential cadence as an
>>> official thing _might_. It comes down to people having the time. Eking
>>> out the time for this blog, for example, can be challenging.
>>>
>>> Since this is the second [week in a
>>> row](https://anticdent.org/tc-report-42.html) that Josh showed up with
>>> an idea, I wonder what next week will bring?
>>
>> I might not be exactly the same but, I think the superuser's blog could be a
>> good place to do some of this writing. There are posts of various kinds in that
>> blog: technical, community, news, etc. I wonder how many folks from the
>> community are aware of it and how many would be willing to contribute to it too.
>> Contributing to the superuser's blog is quite simple, really.
>
> Anne used to do TC updates and they were posted to the OpenStack Blog:
>
> https://www.openstack.org/blog/category/technical-committee-updates/

Those were actually officially published by the Technical Committee
(prepared by the "communications" workgroup that Anne was leading), so
they were reviewed by TC members and represented the consensual view.

There are really only two options:

Editorial content to some official publication, where the posts are
vetted by a review committee for correctness/consensus: that's what
SuperUser is doing, and what the "official blog" was(?) doing.

Personal content, where opinionated blogs are automatically aggregated
with minimal on-topic checks: that's what the planet is doing.

(Sometimes, a personal blog post makes great SuperUser content and is
copied over)

We could add a specific, technically-focused editorial outlet, or we
could set up a specific, technically-focused personal blog aggregator.
But I feel like we could also reuse the SuperUser publication and the
existing Planet. The main issue seems to be the lack of produced
content, rather than lack of discoverability of the existing outlets...

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)