[openstack-dev] [ironic] [requirements] moving driver dependencies to global-requirements?

Richard.Pioso at dell.com Richard.Pioso at dell.com
Mon Oct 30 23:11:31 UTC 2017

> From: Dmitry Tantsur [mailto:dtantsur at redhat.com]

> Cons:
> 1. more work for both the requirements team and the vendor teams

Please elaborate on the additional work you envision for the vendor teams.

> 2. inability to use ironic release notes to explain driver requirements changes

Where could that information move to?

> We either will have one list:
>
> [extras]
> drivers =
>    sushy>=a.b
>    python-dracclient>=x.y
>    python-prolianutils>=v.w
>
> or (and I like this more) we'll have a list per hardware type:
>
> [extras]
> redfish =
>    sushy>=a.b
> idrac =
>    python-dracclient>=x.y
> ilo =
>
> WDYT?

Overall, a big +1. I prefer the second approach.

A couple of questions ...

1. If two (2) hardware types have the same requirement, would they both
enter it in their lists?
2. And would that be correctly handled?