[openstack-dev] [ironic] Scheduling error with RamFilter ... on integrating ironic into our OpenStack Distribution

Waines, Greg Greg.Waines at windriver.com
Mon Oct 30 17:05:22 UTC 2017

Hey,

We are in the process of integrating OpenStack Ironic into our own OpenStack Distribution.
Still pulling all the pieces together ... have not yet got a successful ‘nova boot’ yet, so issues below could be configuration or setup issues.

We have ironic node enrolled ... and corresponding nova hypervisor has been created for it ... ALTHOUGH does not seem to be populated correctly (see below).
AND then the ‘nova boot’ fails with the error:

     "No valid host was found. There are not enough hosts available. 66aaf6fa-3cbe-4744-8d55-c90eeae4800a: (RamFilter) Insufficient total RAM: req:20480, avail:0 MB,

NOTE: the nova.conf that we are using for the nova.compute being used for ironic servers is attached.

Any Ideas what could be wrong ?
Greg.

[wrsroot at controller-1 ~(keystone_admin)]$ ironic node-show metallica

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Property               | Value                                                                    |

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| chassis_uuid           |                                                                          |

| clean_step             | {}                                                                       |

| console_enabled        | False                                                                    |

| created_at             | 2017-10-27T20:37:12.241352+00:00                                         |

| driver                 | pxe_ipmitool                                                             |

| driver_info            | {u'ipmi_password': u'******', u'ipmi_address': u'128.224.64.212',        |

|                        | u'ipmi_username': u'root', u'deploy_kernel': u'2939e2d4-da3f-4917-b99a-  |

|                        | 01030fd30345', u'deploy_ramdisk':                                        |

|                        | u'73ad43c4-4300-45a5-87ec-f28646518430'}                                 |

| driver_internal_info   | {}                                                                       |

| extra                  | {}                                                                       |

| inspection_finished_at | None                                                                     |

| inspection_started_at  | None                                                                     |

| instance_info          | {}                                                                       |

| instance_uuid          | None                                                                     |

| last_error             | None                                                                     |

| maintenance            | False                                                                    |

| maintenance_reason     | None                                                                     |

| name                   | metallica                                                                |

| network_interface      |                                                                          |

| power_state            | power off                                                                |

| properties             | {u'memory_mb': 20480, u'cpu_arch': u'x86_64', u'local_gb': 100, u'cpus': |

|                        | 20, u'capabilities': u'boot_option:local'}                               |

| provision_state        | manageable                                                               |

| provision_updated_at   | 2017-10-30T15:47:33.397317+00:00                                         |

| raid_config            |                                                                          |

| reservation            | None                                                                     |

| resource_class         |                                                                          |

| target_power_state     | None                                                                     |

| target_provision_state | None                                                                     |

| target_raid_config     |                                                                          |

| updated_at             | 2017-10-30T15:47:51.396471+00:00                                         |

| uuid                   | 66aaf6fa-3cbe-4744-8d55-c90eeae4800a                                     |

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

[wrsroot at controller-1 ~(keystone_admin)]$ nova hypervisor-show 66aaf6fa-3cbe-4744-8d55-c90eeae4800a

+-------------------------+--------------------------------------+

| Property                | Value                                |

+-------------------------+--------------------------------------+

| cpu_info                | {}                                   |

| current_workload        | 0                                    |

| disk_available_least    | 0                                    |

| free_disk_gb            | 0                                    |

| free_ram_mb             | 0                                    |

| host_ip                 | 127.0.0.1                            |

| hypervisor_hostname     | 66aaf6fa-3cbe-4744-8d55-c90eeae4800a |

| hypervisor_type         | ironic                               |

| hypervisor_version      | 1                                    |

| id                      | 5                                    |

| local_gb                | 0                                    |

| local_gb_used           | 0                                    |

| memory_mb               | 0                                    |

| memory_mb_node          | None                                 |

| memory_mb_used          | 0                                    |

| memory_mb_used_node     | None                                 |

| running_vms             | 0                                    |

| service_disabled_reason | None                                 |

| service_host            | controller-1                         |

| service_id              | 28                                   |

| state                   | up                                   |

| status                  | enabled                              |

| vcpus                   | 0                                    |

| vcpus_node              | None                                 |

| vcpus_used              | 0.0                                  |

| vcpus_used_node         | None                                 |

[wrsroot at controller-1 ~(keystone_admin)]$